This delicious recipe turns out perfectly every time and is so easy to make! You’ll get requests for this indulgent little treat every Holiday Season.
- 2 ½ cups sugar
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- ½ cup water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup chopped pecans or cherries (optional)
- In a 2 quart saucepan combine sugar, corn syrup, water, and salt.
- Cook to hardball stage, (260 degrees), stirring only until sugar dissolves.
- Meanwhile, as temperature of syrup reaches 250 degrees, beat egg white till stiff peaks form. (stiff peak stage, beat until sharp tips form when the beaters are lifted. When egg whites are over-beaten, they look curdled and dry.)
- When syrup reaches 260 degrees, very gradually add the syrup to egg whites, beating at high speed with electric mixer.
- Add vanilla and beat until candy holds its shape, 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in the chopped nuts or cherries, if desired.
- Quickly drop candy from a teaspoon onto waxed paper, swirling the top of each piece.
Let us know how your holiday divinity candy turned out in the comments below. We would love to hear from you!